Abbotskerswell Primary School was inspected by Ofsted in January 2019.
Following this short inspection Abbotskerswell Primary School was judged to still be a good school.
Our Ofsted Inspector reported:
- "Leaders, governors and all staff at the school are successful in making sure that pupils achieve well and are prepared well for the next phase of their education. Their actions have ensured that pupils’ results have improved so that high numbers of pupils reach the expected standards for their age by the end of Year 2 and Year 6."
- "At the end of their Reception Year proportionally more children reach a good level of development for their age than children nationally."
- Although Mr Martin had only recently joined the school he had " quickly gained an accurate view of the school’s strengths and areas for development."
- "Pupils thrive at Abbotskerswell. This is because the adults around them are focused on enabling pupils to make good progress."
- "The curriculum is rich and informative and enthuses pupils with a love of learning."
- Governors " knowledge and understanding of the school’s strengths and areas for development are very clear."
- "Safeguarding is effective."
For further information about our Ofsted report use the links below to access the report or to find the Ofsted website.
Ofsted Parent View
Parent View is the main route for parents and carers to give their views to Ofsted during a school inspection and at any time of the year.
Follow the link to share your own views with Ofsted or to view the responses from other parents about our school: