Physical Education (PE)
Our Physical Education Lead is Mr Kevin Martin. Mr Martin works closely with Mr Jake Hunt our schools Sports Coach.
PE and Sport is very much embedded in our life at Abbotskerswell Primary School. We recognise the value and impact of high quality PE and school sport can help children develop their coordination, fitness and their sense of fair play. Our PE Curriculum for EYFS is based on multi skills approach to learning and in KS2 it is more sports specific combined with opportunities for competition in accordance with the national curriculum. Our Sports Coach has weekly timetabled Inter House sports competitions. We also buy into a Primary Sports Partnership allowing opportunity for all year groups to attend festivals and inter school competitions for a variety of sports. The partnership also allows us high quality CPD for staff ensuring teachers are fully prepared to offer high quality PE lessons.
All pupils are able to try new activities as well as enhancing their existing skills in a range of environments. In addition pupils can develop leadership, coaching and officiating skills. We aim to provide all pupils with 2 hours of timetabled high quality PE a week. Swimming is also taught as part of the PE curriculum in Years 5 and 6.
Spring Remote Learning PE Video
- Abbotskerswell - P E Progressions 2020
- P E 5-Key-Indicators 1
- P E Evidencing-the-Impact-of-Primary-PE-and-Sport-Premium- 2020 2021
- P E PHE-Active-at-Home-Booklet-21-May-ELECTRONIC
- P E PRIMARY national curriculum - Physical education
- P E Sport PE covid-19-guidance-for-schools
- P E Sporting Values - Abbotskerswell Primary School
- P E updated-Covid-19-guidance July-2020 YST-Returning-to-School-Sport-Framework-005
- P E Vision Statement on Intent