'The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
For more information about pupil premium please visit the GOV.UK website:
The school office is always happy to help with any queries you may have including information about Pupil Premium Funding.
Pupil Premium Allocation
The following download will inform you of how we plan to spend of Pupil Premium Funding in the 2019-20 academic year. It will also inform you of the outcome of how we spent our Pupil Premium Funding from the 2018-19 academic year.
Is My Child Eligible for Pupil Premium Funding?
Children qualify for free school meals – and accordingly pupil premium – if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal credit (provided you have a net income of £7400 or less)
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
These benefits have now been rolled into a single benefit, called Universal Credit.
At Abbotskerswell Primary School children with Pupil Premium Funding are eligible for certain subsidies such as a 50% reduction in price for all trips, residentials and school clubs, including Breakfast Club.
If you think you may be eligible please contact Marie in the school office or visit the DCC School Meals website by Clicking Here. This is the quickest and easiest way to apply. Alternatively, call the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019.